Saturday, July 14, 2007

Alaska Preview

Well, Mom, Dad, and I will be arriving in Anchorage, Alaska, to visit the Zimmermans in just twelve days. It's hard to believe how quickly the time has flown! We (especially I) are so excited to finally see Alaska!

In an effort to see a small window of that other world, I've been doing some "googling" and wanted to share some of the completely awesome, amazing, and perfectly breathtaking sights and sites. : )

Please humor me and share my excitement here. ; )

The following are some of my favorite live Alaska webcams:

Anchorage - Looking East
Anchorage - Looking Southeast
The New Seward Highway

Many times, there are clouds covering the mountains, especially toward the beginning of the day. Normally, if you look after around 6:00pm (eastern time) you can see some absolutely amazing mountains!

And ya'll won't believe the pictures on this site. I wish I could post some of them up here, but don't want to end up getting myself sued for "borrowing" someone else's pictures.

Of course, when we get back from Alaska, I'll have plenty of frigid pictures to post. (Just kidding! Actually, the temperature should "only" be in the fifties, sixties, and seventies. Brrrrr!) : )

Meanwhile, here are some Zimmerman visit pictures to tide you over.

Sweet Mrs. Zimmerman

Shannon dancing with Ashley's dress hanging from the fan in my room (random, I know)

Alligators on our outing to Bull's Island

Alligators "quibbling" on our outing to Bull's Island

A baby alligator paying us a visit on Bull's Island

Tait on the way back from Bull's Island

Can you believe they made fun of the name of our grocery store, Piggly Wiggly? (That's where the hat's from, by the way.)

Me, Ashley, and Shannon downtown

One of the few pictures of our lovely photographer, Esther

Goofing off downtown

Awwwww!

Everyone now: "Awwwwwww!"

And now for my favorites....



Tait pretending to be a statue downtown
Isn't it great?

Sisters, sisters, never were there such devoted sisters!

Aren't porch swings the best? (That's what we're sitting on, by the way.)
: )

Um, that's me, if you must know

Shannon smearing cherries on her face at a beach-side cookout...

...Then sunscreen to cover up the red

Esther and me

Me, Esther, and Ashley at a cute little coffee shop around the corner

That's all folks!
Until next time,
Lauren

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures, Lauren. Have a GREAT time in Alaska! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!
I hope that your trip is a blessing and will be praying for safe travel for you all.
Can't wait to see pictures of your trip---

FitzClan said...

I'm know we'll have a *wonderful* time. Thanks so much for your prayers. Pictures should soon be forthcoming. : )

~Lauren