Friday, March 30, 2007

All's Well!

I'm afraid that my sabbatical from the blog ended up being slightly longer than I had intended: a whole two weeks! I recovered from the flu after about three days since by the time I got sick we had learned exactly what to do to get rid of this horrible bug; Shannon still had fevers off-and-on until just last Thursday, two weeks after coming becoming sick.

Mom came home from Grandma's last Friday after an absence of two weeks and a day. It is so nice to have her back now!

We ended up postponing our recording date yet again because just about all of us had bad coughs leftover from the flu. This means that we will not be submitting a CD to the Arts Commission. Our plans are to record sometime towards the end of next week.

The last week-and-a-half has been busy: we had "company" in for a week; Mom has kept up her research, meaning that Leslie and I have had the opportunity to continue to sharpen our housekeeping skills; Katelyn Grace demands lots of attention, which we are all very pleased to give; and we have had all of our normal lessons and engagements to get to.

April 11, Mom and I will go to Atlanta to get some therapy done for Katelyn Grace. Mom will fly out from Atlanta on the 12th for San Diego to stay with Aunt Sharon (Dad's sister) for a month, getting some more treatments for Katelyn Grace. We pray that the Lord will give Mom and Dad wisdom to give Katelyn Grace the best treatments possible. Mom may be posting more details about the treatments themselves; I don't have all of the information now.

These extended Mom-absences are allowing Leslie and me to get even more valuable housekeeping experience than we have been getting! What a blessing to have the time to serve our family while getting real-life experience!

Grandma A. was requesting some Katelyn Grace pictures, so here they are! She is exactly 8 weeks old today. My, how time flies!



















Someone actually requested sick pictures (yes, I did take some of those)! Since I am in the mood to humor just about anyone with anything, here they are! : )





* * * * *

Many blessings from our family to yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you are all well and that your family is back together again. I have gotten "addicted" to your blog-I found it after clicking the link on the Christian Homemakers Conference resources page. I have to say that I am very impressed by your maturity and willingness to serve. You obviously have wonderful parents-although I have never met any of you and probably never will in person.
I wanted to introduce myself because if I don't, then I feel like I'm eavesdropping or something deceitful when I read your blog. This way, you know I'm lurking here waiting to read more about your precious family.
My husband Doug and I have been married for nearly 22 years and have an 18 year old daughter, a nearly 16 year old son, a four and a half year old daughter and a three year old daughter. We live in Florida and have homeschooled for 10 years.
I haven't read about the therapy for Katelyn Grace, but pray that all goes well and that it will offer everything your family hopes it to.
I know my comment is super long but as I mentioned, I wanted to intoduce myself and also wanted you to know that your blog has been a blessing to me.

FitzClan said...

Hello "Mrs. W"!

It is so nice to "meet" you. Thank you so much for introducing yourself; it's nice to get to know some of the readers of our blog!

We truly do have wonderful parents; I'm so glad that is evident from this blog! They have made so many sacrifices for the five of us, and we are very thankful for their time, love, commitment, and desire to raise us up to be godly men and women.

We are so glad that the Lord is using our blog to bless others. Thank you for sharing a little about yourself and your family!

Blessings,
Lauren for the whole family

P.S. If you ever come through SC, let us know. (Florida isn't too far away!) We would love to meet you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Lauren! I've been checking the blog regularly and am glad to see you back! The sick pics look so pitiful, especially the one of your poor brother huddled in his blanket! Oh, the flu is miserable and I'm thankful you're all well again.

I've been looking forward to seeing more pictures of Katelyn Grace. (We need to get some updated ones of Kit posted on our blog -- we haven't been too good about that.) She's such a sweetie-punkin and I love the one of her looking at herself in her little mirror. :)

The Lord brings your family to mind often so I'll be praying for safe travel (I truly will be, okay?) as you all go here and there around the country for Katelyn Grace's benefit.

Please give your mom a hug for me.

Love to the Fitz Clan from the Shepherd Bunch,
Ruthanne

FitzClan said...

Oh hello Mrs. Shepherd! So good to see you here!

It's wonderful for our families to be able to keep up with each other over our blogs. I've been checking your blog regularly for pictures of Kit, and have enjoyed reading all about your gardening. (Check out the Shepherds blog, everyone, when you get a chance. There's some major dirt-moving going on over there!)

Thank you so much for your prayers. I gave Mom your hug, and she sends her thanks. : )

Hope your family is doing well, and have a blessed day!
Lauren