Friday, March 16, 2007

It's Finally Happened....

The epidemic is complete. I discovered (by finding out I had over a 100 degree fever) that I had the flu this morning, but I think I've been sick for at least a day or two already. The implications of this new development are widespread, and include - but are not limited to - the following:

1. Mom and Katelyn Grace will have to stay out at my grandparents' house for probably at least another 4 or 5 days.

2. The wedding we are playing for tomorrow will not be as easy or fun.

3. Our recording date for our sample CD will be postponed to Wednesday for three reasons:

a. Leslie especially has a horrible cough, which would not exactly be the accompaniment we had planned for our sample CD.

b. Recording on Wednesday will give us time to practice slightly less intensively. This is important, given the fact that everyone's playing is not quite up to par: I am sick and everyone else is slowly but surely convalescing.

c. The man doing our recording does not want to get sick since he has a very full schedule coming up.


Dad just was not getting over his bout with the flu, so he finally went to the doctor yesterday to get some medicine. Hopefully this will make him as good as new shortly. He's just eating lots of yogurt to counteract the antibiotics!

Everyone else is doing much, much better, and I think we can safely say that they have just about thrashed their flues for good.

I believe that I will retire from the blog for a few days, so in the meantime let me leave you with a few pictures from Austin's and my birthday party.

* * * * *

What do you do for your brother's birthday instead of having a birthday cake when the said brother doesn't eat sugar? Why, you get him a gallon of raw milk for his personal ingestion (in addition to the 5 gallons a week your family already gets) and put candles on it, of course!





I, on the other hand, have no problem with sugar, in moderation. I certainly got a great cake this year, from a local German bakery! (Thank you, giver-of-the-cake!)




Katelyn Grace thought we were there celebrating her birthday. She is six weeks old today!


My, how time does fly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to wish you a happy World Down Syndrome Day.

3:21

FitzClan said...

Why, thank you! I had no idea there was any such thing! Good to know. : )