Saturday, October 6, 2007

Our New Home

Yesterday, Tait started work on our new home! It's on a one-acre lot just a mile down the road from his parents' house - plus a half-mile driveway. : ) It is surrounded by several big parcels of land, so there's not much chance of someone building right smack dab next door to us. There is an old, rundown house on the property already. He's planning on tearing that house down most of the way, and building on that foundation for our own house.

He has done so much work towards getting this property! I feel very blessed to be marrying a man who takes the responsibility of providing for his family very seriously, and I am sincerely thankful for him!

When Mom and Dad and I were in Alaska in July, we went out to look at this property. Tait hadn't put an offer in on it yet, but he had had his eye on it for quite awhile. It's just beautiful!



A fresh bear print at the back of the property
:o


3 comments:

EL said...

Awesome post...nice pictures and I love you!

FitzClan said...

Well, thank you for taking those last two pictures!

Oh, and could you please, please take some pictures of Tait and his work at the property? I'd really like to post some up here, but obviously I can't take them myself. Besides, I'd kind of like to see them. :D

Love you!
~Lauren

Anonymous said...

How exciting, Lauren!! =)