Thursday, February 15, 2007

Katelyn Grace Was Created for God's Pleasure ... Written by Mom

Soon after Katelyn was born, her Aunt Sharon (Mark's sister) sent a very meaningful and encouraging reminder that meant so much to me as I found myself reading it over and over again. She wrote:

"Katelyn Grace will lead you to places you have never gone and to people you would never have met without her. A little child shall lead them.

When praying for her, I believe that she will be the cause of these contacts coming to know the salvation of God. God created her for His pleasure. 'Thou art worthy to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created.' (Reveation 4:11) Little Grace is a creation of God for His pleasure and I like to think for the highest purpose of bringing others to the Savior. One day in heaven she will be whole and will sing praises with the ones redeemed because of God's Grace.

It wasn't until the Lord showed me this that I could stop crying for her."

Thank you Sharon. Katelyn's middle name, Grace, took on a new meaning. These words were a great gift to me and they are from someone who has gone through much physical suffering herself, learning and living out the true impact of this message in sharing the message of salvation with those with whom she comes in contact.

Then I came across this verse which goes along with this:

Psalm 29:2 - Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

It is our family's desire to give God the glory through Katelyn Grace's life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 29:2 - Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

This is one of my favorite Bible Verses ever. An inspiring entry! :)